Sunday, September 17, 2006

money money money..... money.


So yesterday was a good day. And by good, I mean that I spent like 50 bucks yesterday. Sierra and I went to Book People- which is my favorite place ever, and I bought a book by the Dalai Lama about the convergence of science and spirituality. It's called The Universe in a Single Atom and I'm really excited about it. Unfortunately, my government class assigns a book a week and I don't have time to read it yet. yay for gov.
Anyways- I also bought these little bells on a string- a little cooler than that, but thats what it is- for really cheap that are beautiful sounding and some bangle bracelets for a $1.
THEN- we went to the 6th street Central Market for lunch. I had never been there before and I felt so overwhelmed. It's like going to walmart when all you need is bread- there is so much to look at and so many options that you end up spending a ridiculous amount of money on something that should have been like 5$, in the case of the bread example- more like $1.
I did laundry over at sierras for 6 HOURS becuase their dryer takes an hour and a half to dry stuff. I watched this movie- Hide and Seek- talk about freaky. I still want to see the Exorcism of Emily Rose though. But I got to do my laundry for free and watch a movie while hanging out with my dog. Not too shabby.
THEN we went to Dirty Martin's for hamburgers and I spent even more money. Dirty Martin's is.......... greasy. It's not great. It's not even really good. It's just ok. And really really really greasy. I haven't eaten that badly in a long time.
So the point is...Yesterday drained me dry! But it was a really fun day. I got to hang out with rugger. I really did do some studying and to top it all off I got to hang out with really interesting people, bought a very me book, and ate lunch at a really unique/busy place. Overall, I think I did well.
I actually got to talk to Sierra yesterday too. Really talk- about how she was doing, relationships, school, the future- you know, all the stuff you need to catch up on when you haven't seen someone in a while. I really did miss having her as a friend- I just wish none of that bad stuff would have happened. But then again, it did make me realize what kind of person another then-friend of mine was, so I gained valuable experience from the whole situation. Like to NEVER go out of your way (especially when it involves money) for people because they are usually just going to take advantage of it. (Liz, you are excluded from this rule due to the fact that I've known you for over a decade... and I know where your parents live.)
So anyways- I have to go study now. Because I'm stupid and I took 16 hours.

1 comment:

Liz said...

uh...um, by the way, can i borrow some money? i really need this, uh, thing...if you really must know, it's a solid gold toilet brush. i really need it, ok?!