Sunday, July 08, 2007

no matter the sex, I'm gonna name her rock and roll...

So I have a few plans in the works. I'll make a list that way I can keep them straight in my head.

1. When I finally get moved back to Dallas, I'm going to try and get a job with Nancy's dad at Quest Diagnostics- that way I'll have a lab position and I won't have to pay for EMT classes. But EMT classes are my back up with some menial job doing something I don't like but have to do for money.

2. I found someone in Dallas who gives Italian lessons... and I want to take them. She eve said that since I wanted to go to med school, she'd add a section on medical terminology. I think that's perfect. I also want to re-learn my Spanish.

3. Next year, maybe in May- assuming Jon and Laura do move to Boston this year- I will be going to Boston, MA to visit them. I've never been to Boston- or anywhere on the East Coast except for DC- so I'll hopefully get to experience Boston and the surrounding area. I'll enjoy that.

4. In two years- sometime in 2009 before I go to medical school, I want to go to Europe and Egypt. My mom wants to go as well and has agreed to help fund- and Nancy wants to guide us around Egypt. We have friends and family in Germany and there are so many places I would love to go. Mom can show me Italy, I'll show her northern Germany and together we will explore places like Barcelona, Paris (I can always go again :)), Prague, London, Cairo, Athens, etc.

That's all I can remember at the moment so... I'll let it be as is. Honestly, having goals like these actually helps me save money. It might also be that I'm starting to feel like a grown up, but I prefer to think that it's only because every time I go to spend money, I think of going to Europe and I change my mind. Let's hope that sticks with me for a while- I have student loans to pay back after all.

No comments: