Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Not My Ugly Side...

I didn't know I was going to feel like this. I knew that I loved this city- I guess I just never knew that I thrive off of it. The closer it comes time to moving back to Dallas, the more I feel like I'm leaving my home- a place I adore. a place where I have habits and favorites and memories that mean so much to me. I feel like I'm facing that moment in life where you know things are going to drastically change but you dont know if it's for better or worse. I feel like... I'm losing something. And yet, I know- realistically- it wouldn't be quite the same. Lots of my friends are graduating and leaving- but lots are staying, too.

Going to Harry Potter tonight was great. So was dinner with Darrell at Chili's. So was Bull Creek with Sara. So was Clementine with Brent. The summers that Laura, Jon, and I spent swimming at Red Bud. The best job I've ever had. The place where I really found out who I am. The farmer's market. UT. Driving around freshman year and finding deer running wild in the hills. Having Gabby come over and make me cook for her. Discovering my love of 80's music. The artsy feel. The liberal feel. The idealistic feel- the feel that people here still believe they can make a difference. When I look back at everything I've felt love towards in the past 4 years- 95% of it is all here. Just typing about it right now makes me feel like I'm going to cry.
I know there are good things about Dallas. I mean, there have to be- right? Just because the last year I spent (before college) there was the worst year of my life- doesn't mean its going to be horrible.

I can find good things. Somebody help me out- name good things about Dallas. Things I'll like. Anything. Really.

No comments: