Thursday, August 24, 2006

friends.

I am such a lucky person. I haven't found the one person I love and I'm not quite what I want to be yet... but I am surrounded by people that truly care about me. I'm out of that stage where I'm surrounded by losers and people who just drain my soul. I've finally found people that I can really share myself with and express my true humor and feelings with, even though I usually dont on the feeling side of that comment. Gabby is one of the best people I know and to top it off, she's so damn beautiful. Darrell, even though sometimes I just want to strangle him :), is a great guy and a great friend and is still a great roommate. Every time I go back to Dallas, Katie welcomes me with conversations that seem like I never left. Shane does things for me that no one else would- like spending a ridiculous amount of money on fixing my car up for me because he's proud of me. The only thing missing from my life is my dad. I mean- I know he's like-looking down on me- or however you want to refer to the idea that he's still with me. But it's just not nor ever will it be the same as having that amazing person there to support me. I know he'd be proud, but I can't help but hate it when I forget how he smelled or his mannerisms. It's tough. Going on 4 years this coming January.

Anyways, today Gabby came over and I made baked potato gnocci with ricotta and spinach. For desert they had brownies... it all turned out good- but we have lots of wine left over so if anyone reads this and wants to come over... tomorrow is baked ziti night. We're trying to finish off the wine :)

No comments: