Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I figured out how to add pictures!!!!



It's been raining lately. It feels odd when it rains and it's over 95 degrees. Somehow it's not quite as refreshing as cold rain. I never feel clean after warm rain. I always have flashbacks to Captain Planet (he's our hero) and the acid rain they used to protect the planet from. Where's Captain Planet when you really need him??


Today I found out that the Greenbelt is dry. That's right everybody- BONE dry. Not even at the place PAST where we went last time. I hope Germany has more water than the greenbelt.


I also realized that I did not include Cambodia in my list of places I wish to someday visit. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

*Steph- I love this pic of you :)

I'm re-volunteering in the Children's Hospital of Austin- I'm back in the ER and I love it. Friday was my first time back and it was the most gruesome and awesome thing that I have seen in a very long time. It was great- let me explain. Patient: 9 yr old. very brave. connective tissue disorder (think stretchy, bendy joints and skin that can strecth in amazing ways).
Pt fell off of a bunk bed and got their leg caught in between the rungs- and thanks to their tissue disorder the skin... well it just kinda came off of their leg. IT WAS AWESOME. They didnt even cry! I was really impressed- and it was awesome to watch. Three hours of stitches with a really handsome doctor. It was great.

Now look at this awesome dog. What could I possibly want to do more than stay at the lake with this handsome fellow? And I have to admit, the lake isn't too bad this time of year. I actually have a little bit of a tan! That's right people. I'm not such a whitey (take that ken.)

Anyways, Liz & Steph- come back already. I miss you guys.n Oh and Kenny, the real world called. They'd like you to join them sometime this decade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! That walk was totally worth it. So am I going to get to see you sometime this summer?! I hope the MCAT class is going well, call me whenever you are free :)

-Dez