Sunday, June 11, 2006

wowee.

I got to see my brother's family this weekend. Its the first time I've been out to their house since before dad died- the first time i've seen my 3.5 yr old nephew (who calls me aunt kashell).
As I'm sure you all expected- I think they are adorable kids (and by you all, i mean liz- and maybe steph)- I got to see their vacation bible school finale- they sang a song about archeology and did the eqyptian dance. It was... original. And if you've ever seen a three year old try to wiggle his butt, you know it was cute (on top of that, he stuck his tongue out almost the whole time-he was concentrating really hard...)

So I made the promise to myself to study more for my mcat during the week- so i looked up the austin public libraries and went to one last thursday... its called the Twin Oaks library... it is literally in an old shopping center- its like an old Dollar mart- and I swear I feared for my life- or at least my health. There was an old guy that kept coughing... an older lady of whom which I am sure has not showered in quite some time... you get the picture. And I really think that i heard gunshots from the anterior of the building while I was studying.
The Moral of the Story: Public libraries... are as ridiculous as the buildings they are located in.

PS- liz, steph and ken are now traveling the world. be safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you spent more time actually reading books than cussing out the libraries you're lucky enough to have, you'd probably be a little bit smarter and not prone to the atrocious spelling and grammatical errors your blog is littered with.

my country doesn't even have a budget for public libraries. You should be so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be "with which your blog is littered"? Get off your high horse.